Geographic Information System "City of Oncativo"
Villa María National University
Based on the multi used land registry criteria, it was necessary an information system that:
- Allows to access to urban land registry information
- Allows to differentiate urban and rural borders.
- Provides reorganization and public services information.
- Allows to negotiate correctly the territorial information in order to take decisions referred to planning and urban development .
- Allows to add social-economical information
It was used gvSIG to:
- Create digitalized urban land registry, where all blocks, plots, built surfaces, empty land roads and arteries where taken into consideration.
- gvSIG was linked to the Municipal Revenue Department database which allows to access to the tax system information of each plot.
- It was added information of educational establishments, public organisms and health organization.
This is a long-term Project which in a second stage it will include the Public Services Cooperative, with this it will have street lighting, power supply, drinking water, television nets services information linked to the Geographic Information System.
- Use of free software, that allowed to focus the cost of the Project to the essential part of it.
- Generate a project that can scale up with low costs, and friendly access to information for non spetialists.
- To Free participant organizations of the difficult payment of licenses that in the end provide the same results we got using gvSIG